RoseBum Banner

Any UT4 server going up or is it dead in the water?

2019-07-22, 04:21 AM
Was just wondering if the RPG was coming to ut4 anytime soon or since they stopped development of the game that the RPG was stopped also. Just looking for something different to play and miss old school vctf matches and building up your character. Thanks!
2019-07-22, 10:15 AM
I can't finish the RPG as UT4 is too restrictive with modding. Once Epic gives an update on UT4 I'll have an idea of what the next steps will be.
2019-09-11, 08:35 AM
Any news on UT4, Trev? I went by the names SuPeRmAn, Odin, TERMINATER!!!!!! and various others back in the days of vCTF. I still recall how I misspelled the terminator name, lol. Anyway, I felt nostalgic and so I wanted to stop by.
2019-09-11, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by "Leptys"
Any news on UT4, Trev? I went by the names SuPeRmAn, Odin, TERMINATER!!!!!! and various others back in the days of vCTF. I still recall how I misspelled the terminator name, lol. Anyway, I felt nostalgic and so I wanted to stop by.

Tim Sweeney's interview indicates he has no idea what the future holds but I'm not optimistic. They're not going to work on it as long as Fortnite is so profitable and I suspect once Fortnite starts to fail, they'll just pursue entirely different options. Epic isn't known for being consumer friendly.
2019-09-15, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by "Trev"

Tim Sweeney's interview indicates he has no idea what the future holds but I'm not optimistic. They're not going to work on it as long as Fortnite is so profitable and I suspect once Fortnite starts to fail, they'll just pursue entirely different options. Epic isn't known for being consumer friendly.

Ah, that’s a shame. Last time I felt that Epic was consumer friendly was with UT2004, so it’s been quite a while. Isn’t UT4 development all open source these days, though? Maybe the community can finish it without Epic, I don’t know. Are you still working on it? Also, off topic but I remember that you used to play WoW back in the day as well, do you play WoW Classic?
2019-09-15, 11:51 PM
Isn’t UT4 development all open source these days, though? Maybe the community can finish it without Epic, I don’t know. Are you still working on it?

That's not going to happen for a variety of reasons. Epic owns the brand and they're not going to allow the community to take charge of it. They haven't officially told people not to but I suspect they just assume no one will bother. People have talked about Open Tournament but a game with the scope of UT just isn't going to be made by a bunch of randoms on the internet for free.

Also, off topic but I remember that you used to play WoW back in the day as well, do you play WoW Classic?

I have been playing Classic WoW. Been re-leveling my original character for the nostalgia. Probably wont stick with it after hitting 60 though. It is dreadfully time consuming.

Statistics

Total Posts: 345
Total Topics: 62
Total Members: 87
Our Newest Nember: medor

Birthdays

No birthdays today.

Users Online

No users online.