RoseBum Banner

Hangar-Hell

2020-04-21, 03:29 PM
Hanger-Hell is one of my all time favorite rooms. But the bot paths may not be set up correctly since they hang up and don't respond to commands. Ideas?
2020-04-22, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by "FR_B0Z"
Hanger-Hell is one of my all time favorite rooms. But the bot paths may not be set up correctly since they hang up and don't respond to commands. Ideas?

If the bots are confused then their pathing may need to be redesigned in that map. I don't have UT2004 installed right now but I could take a look at that maybe this weekend.
2020-04-22, 04:05 PM
Thanks! Greatly appreciate it!
2020-04-26, 02:30 PM
I've made a few changes to improve the pathing. Most of the path nodes weren't close enough to the ground so there was no valid path between the flags. I also trimmed a few of the excess vehicles as there wasn't a clear path out of the spawn areas that weren't obstructed by vehicles. The bots can capture the flags now, though they tend to not take the optimal path. Unfortunately UT2004 bots just don't know how to play VCTF too well.

I've updated the server and the downloads page to use this modified version. If you have the map installed, you'll want to replace it to avoid version mismatch errors.
2020-05-12, 10:21 AM
Awesome! Thank you for the updated bot paths. My friend and I love this room but we always use a few bots. So thank you for keeping the dream alive. :)

Statistics

Total Posts: 464
Total Topics: 112
Total Members: 101
Our Newest Member: Lockon

Birthdays

No birthdays today.

Users Online

No users online.