RoseBum Banner

UT2004 RPG RoseBum Revival!!@#$%^

2020-05-07, 09:31 AM
Well, many long night's on the INV RPG server if I remember correctly. The community was diehard for Rosebum... For some reason, I've always had thought's about the old server, and what it would look like for it to come back around again. Then I discovered that all the files are available for download. God bless whoever did that one.
2020-05-07, 09:34 AM
ANYWAYS my message got cutoff..
So I had the idea to download the files, and put them on a gameserver for everyone to have a few more nostalgia filled moment's while UT2k4 is still around.
-NOTE-
I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR THE MODS THAT ARE IN PLACE ON THIS SERVER. ALL CREDIT GOES TO MILK AND OTHER CONTRIBUTORS!

Come check it out. It's been a long night, so im headed to bed. But will continue to work on the server over the next few days. If there is any issues with this please contact me at sketchy.hf@gmail.com
64.94.100.163:7784
2020-05-09, 11:45 PM
If anyone has any jump on the old Satoremonsterconfig.ini file that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
2020-05-09, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by "Sketch"
If anyone has any jump on the old Satoremonsterconfig.ini file that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

As well as the monster's that were on the server EX: Adren Suckers lucifer ETC.
2020-05-10, 11:09 AM

You're referring to the ability to spawn the custom monsters on the server? I can't remember off the top of my head how to do that. I might have an example of how to do it somewhere on an old hard drive. I'll have to dig around for it.
2020-05-12, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by "Trev"

You're referring to the ability to spawn the custom monsters on the server? I can't remember off the top of my head how to do that. I might have an example of how to do it somewhere on an old hard drive. I'll have to dig around for it.

I ended up figuring it out. Now I've been working on fine tuning wave's ETC to get it the closest I can to the old RB server. If anyone has an example of the old SatoreMonsterConfig.ini or the specific wave's and what monsters were on them, Id appreciate that.

I'm also confused as to how we get the Globe Of Invulnerability. I see that it's in the classes to summon etc. But I currently don't see it on any of the skills. As well as noob shield ETC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2020-05-13, 12:33 AM
I ended up figuring it out. Now I've been working on fine tuning wave's ETC to get it the closest I can to the old RB server. If anyone has an example of the old SatoreMonsterConfig.ini or the specific wave's and what monsters were on them, Id appreciate that.

I have a backup of a wave config though it predates the RB Invasion mod on the downloads page. I believe its accurate but the class names won't line up correctly. The file is too big to fit in a post so I uploaded it here https://cdn.rosebum.com/archive/ut2004/inv/satoreMonsterPack.ini

I'm also confused as to how we get the Globe Of Invulnerability. I see that it's in the classes to summon etc. But I currently don't see it on any of the skills. As well as noob shield ETC.

I don't think RB Invasion had a globe of invulnerability. I remember it having a Universe of Invulnerability instead.
2020-05-13, 04:20 AM
Thanks for the info! I appreciate the upload and quick reply. I see what you're saying as monster's wont match up with the corelating strings. Just a bit of work and they will though. I appreciate your time and help.

The only reason I thought that there was a globe, was that I saw the class file for it. As well as a "FakeGlobe" Anyways. Who knows.
2020-05-13, 04:34 AM
I put the .ini in and started it up. I just really don't remember monsters being that strong!! They're tough little bastards.
2020-05-13, 04:41 AM
I put the .ini in and started it up. I just really don't remember monsters being that strong!! They're tough little bastards.

Strong as in health. Everything else seems fine.
2020-05-18, 12:28 AM
Trev do you have a Discord or something I can reach out to you on? I have a couple of questions I'd really like to ask about the RB inv mod.
2020-05-18, 01:35 AM
Sorry for the consistent forum posts. I can't delete posts or threads. :/

If you're willing, you can email me at

Sketchy.hf@gmail.com

Discord: Sketch#4006

2020-05-19, 02:17 AM
Sorry for the consistent forum posts. I can't delete posts or threads. :/

If you're willing, you can email me at

Sketchy.hf@gmail.com

Discord: Sketch#4006

I responded to your earlier email.