RoseBum Banner

Invasion's RPG UT2k4

2018-02-19, 10:18 PM
#1
Hey does anybody have the files of the invasion server?Used to play on that server all the time because it was different from the Others but i've recently discovered it got shut down, well after all these years...Anyways it'd be awesome if i could play it even offline:)
2018-02-20, 12:48 PM
#2
Originally posted by "Lakana"
Hey does anybody have the files of the invasion server?Used to play on that server all the time because it was different from the Others but i've recently discovered it got shut down, well after all these years...Anyways it'd be awesome if i could play it even offline:)


I have the redirect for the Invasion server so in theory I can get this for you. I've actually been wanting to get a legacy download page up so this will motivate me. This will take a while to figure out, though. There was 1311 files on the Invasion server for all the maps, monsters, weapons, vehicles and so on. I'll need to figure out how many of them are required and then also figure out which files depend on each other so I can reassemble the mod.

It's kind of like trying to assemble a 100 piece jigsaw puzzle except there are 1000 pieces in the box and I don't have a picture of the final result. Obviously I wont have this done immediately so if you check back in about a month I might have this done then.
2018-02-23, 06:31 PM
#3
Wow thank you so much!!!This really means a lot, even if I never was really good in the server I still loved playing on it, it was real fun and challanging at the same time!Thanks so much for taking time out of your day to do this,really!
2018-03-07, 01:56 AM
#4
Originally posted by "Lakana"
Wow thank you so much!!!This really means a lot, even if I never was really good in the server I still loved playing on it, it was real fun and challanging at the same time!Thanks so much for taking time out of your day to do this,really!


I’ve spent the last 3-4 days looking for this hardcore since I finally figured out the name. I played on their invasion server for a couple weeks I think but then got cut off from UT2004.
2018-03-25, 05:39 PM
#5
Just giving a quick update on this so it doesn't look like I've forgotten.

I was able to successfully extract the RoseBumINV mod from the redirect and fully recompile it so I'm in a pretty good spot to be able to release the mod. I'm currently withholding the release for a bit longer as I want to go through it and address a lot of problems that will complicate an official release.

For starters, the scope of the mod is not clearly defined. RoseBum Invasion really comprised of a few dozen smaller mods which makes it hard to release a project that feels authentic. I'm going through all these mods and combining their functionalities into a single mod to make the installation process more intuitive and greatly reduce the amount of files that have to be downloaded.

Second, there are several very nasty bugs in RoseBumINV that is frankly irresponsible for release. The Super Speed Combo, for example, actually deletes the Speed Combo from your client so you can't activate the normal Speed Combo if you were to play a different server. This does auto-correct once you restart the game but it's still pretty bad. There's also an unnecessary amount of replication overhead which makes running a server more bandwidth expensive than it should.

Once the mod is ready to release, there are some things that should be noted. I don't have any backups of configuration files. This means I have to refer to memory when constructing portions of the release. I had to guess which vehicles belonged to the Car Launcher and which order they appeared. I had to guess which items appeared in the RB Store. I haven't got a clue which monsters appeared in each wave although I'm less concerned about this. I think part of the fun will be building your own wave rotations anyways.

I've been sporadically chipping more of this away every day but I have got to say, it is a pretty damn boring process. It's looking like it might take another couple weeks to finish this but it's getting there so stay tuned.
2018-04-24, 11:45 PM
#6
It's finally done! I think I'm at a point where I can release this beast. I've setup a link to the zip file on the downloads page or you can follow this link: http://cdn.rosebum.com/downloads/ut2004/mods/RoseBumINV.zip.

I've included Satore Monster Pack as the RB monsters depend on some of their code and meshes to function. You can also use that mutator to setup your monster rotations.

Check it out and give any feedback. If there are things I missed, just let me know and I'll make sure they get in there.
2018-04-25, 03:46 AM
#7
YES!!! Tell me is there a how-to guide for installing these mods? I have never gotten into modding this specific game before
2018-04-25, 10:13 AM
#8
Originally posted by "0101021"
YES!!! Tell me is there a how-to guide for installing these mods? I have never gotten into modding this specific game before


I put some instructions in the readme. Should be relatively straightforward. Just copy the files into your UT2004 folder. You will need to configure your own monster waves as I didn't have anything to reference.
2018-04-26, 05:56 PM
#9
This is amazing, It was a lot easier than I thought to set up.

I will be downloading a bunch of skins and maps soon and will be hosting a server whenever it is possible.

I might even look into hosting one permanently if it is possible, but there will be no serious commitment to that unless it is found to be doable.

I was one of the original players way back in the day, and I hope that I see many more players from yesteryear return
2018-05-26, 03:08 AM
#10
I decided to download the files as well. These are great, but can the original RB invasion maps also be provided as well? Thanks!
2018-05-26, 11:07 AM
#11
Originally posted by "lindo166"
I decided to download the files as well. These are great, but can the original RB invasion maps also be provided as well? Thanks!


Which maps did you have in mind? I don't recall which maps were made by RB but if I can find out I can add them to the downloads page. If you're just looking for general maps that were on the old server I could provide a link to the old redirect. Then you can extract and install any map yourself.
2018-05-26, 11:57 PM
#12
Originally posted by "Trev"
Originally posted by "lindo166"
I decided to download the files as well. These are great, but can the original RB invasion maps also be provided as well? Thanks!


Which maps did you have in mind? I don't recall which maps were made by RB but if I can find out I can add them to the downloads page. If you're just looking for general maps that were on the old server I could provide a link to the old redirect. Then you can extract and install any map yourself.


The redirect sounds ideal for me. I can't really name maps but I recognize them when I see them.
2018-05-27, 11:12 AM
#13
I've adjusted the CDN indexing rules so you can access the old invasion redirect directly. The link is here.
2018-05-28, 05:07 AM
#14
Thanks again for the map list, Trev. Do you think you can help me with another RB issue? When I try to play Invasion, I’ve noticed that I do very little damage, regardless of my damage bonus. I think this is because I’m playing solo, and there must be low level players alive for anyone in the team to be effective. This is a huge favor to ask, but do you think it’s possible to remove that requirement entirely?
2018-05-28, 05:33 AM
#15
Hi, I'm having an issue with the RB inv mutators. I'm pretty sure I installed them correctly but after enabling the mutators and loading the map, there is no effect on the game. I have tried reinstalling the mutators multiple times, and many other random things that I thought might fix it. I have the most current version of UT2k4 installed, and have the multiplayer patch. The only thing I could think of that may be causing this is the fact that my copy of UT2k4 is an original cd copy from back when it first released (it has like 6 discs to install lmao). Maybe that makes it incompatible somehow, I don't have a clue how to fix it even after searching for similar issues online for a few hours.
2018-05-28, 11:22 AM
#16
Originally posted by "lindo166"
Thanks again for the map list, Trev. Do you think you can help me with another RB issue? When I try to play Invasion, I’ve noticed that I do very little damage, regardless of my damage bonus. I think this is because I’m playing solo, and there must be low level players alive for anyone in the team to be effective. This is a huge favor to ask, but do you think it’s possible to remove that requirement entirely?


Yeah that's one of the major flaws in the RPG design. You can disable the monster scaling in the RPG configuration. It should be the first option in the menu.

Originally posted by "Dooby"
Hi, I'm having an issue with the RB inv mutators. I'm pretty sure I installed them correctly but after enabling the mutators and loading the map, there is no effect on the game. I have tried reinstalling the mutators multiple times, and many other random things that I thought might fix it. I have the most current version of UT2k4 installed, and have the multiplayer patch. The only thing I could think of that may be causing this is the fact that my copy of UT2k4 is an original cd copy from back when it first released (it has like 6 discs to install lmao). Maybe that makes it incompatible somehow, I don't have a clue how to fix it even after searching for similar issues online for a few hours.


That could be a little tricky to figure out remotely. I guess to start, when you play the game are you able to quad jump or multi dodge? If so then we know RoseBumINV is running correctly. Are you spawning with the Nub Rifle? Then we know the RB1337RPG is running correctly.
2018-05-28, 06:57 PM
#17
Originally posted by "Trev"
That could be a little tricky to figure out remotely. I guess to start, when you play the game are you able to quad jump or multi dodge? If so then we know RoseBumINV is running correctly. Are you spawning with the Nub Rifle? Then we know the RB1337RPG is running correctly.


Nope, everything plays exactly like vanilla invasion, 0 signs of the modded weapons, menus, or monsters. I tried configuring waves during my troubleshooting, but I was unable to affect the wave layouts using the RB wave editor.
2018-05-28, 09:16 PM
#18
Originally posted by "Dooby"
Nope, everything plays exactly like vanilla invasion, 0 signs of the modded weapons, menus, or monsters. I tried configuring waves during my troubleshooting, but I was unable to affect the wave layouts using the RB wave editor.


Hmm. I guess the next step would be to show me your UT2004.log file after you close down a failed session. This will give me some clues on what might be wrong.
2018-05-29, 03:57 AM
#19
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k9woihz98s86mbh/UT2004.log?dl=1

Here is the log.
2018-05-29, 11:06 AM
#20
Originally posted by "Dooby"
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k9woihz98s86mbh/UT2004.log?dl=1

Here is the log.


It says you're missing a texture file called "AW-2k4XP". From what I can tell it contains the particle effects for the Cicada and Paladin. Do these vehicles not work for you in the stock game?
2018-05-29, 07:15 PM
#21
Originally posted by "Trev"
It says you're missing a texture file called "AW-2k4XP". From what I can tell it contains the particle effects for the Cicada and Paladin. Do these vehicles not work for you in the stock game?


I use both of those vehicles frequently in onslaught severs, and they work fine. However, I have never seen them in instant action or any single player maps. That's probably because I don't have maps downloaded with those vehicles included though. Also, before the RB invasion server went down I played with those vehicles on some of the maps, and I have not reinstalled UT2004 since then.
2018-05-29, 08:00 PM
#22
AW-2k4XP.utx
ONSBPTextures.utx
ONSBP_DestroyedVehicles.utx
ONSBPSounds
CicadaTex.utx
BonusParticles.utx
ONSBPAnimations.ukx
^missing and replaced

(missing but I got tired of replacing)CicadaSnds

It seems like I'm missing a large amount of content, any idea what this is all from?
2018-05-29, 09:34 PM
#23
Originally posted by "Dooby"
AW-2k4XP.utx
ONSBPTextures.utx
ONSBP_DestroyedVehicles.utx
ONSBPSounds
CicadaTex.utx
BonusParticles.utx
ONSBPAnimations.ukx
^missing and replaced

(missing but I got tired of replacing)CicadaSnds

It seems like I'm missing a large amount of content, any idea what this is all from?


Well I'm using the ECE version of the game which has the 6 discs. I've done a fresh install on a new PC and these files were included. Maybe you should consider doing a fresh install and grab the mega patch.
2018-05-30, 12:10 AM
#24
Any idea on how to install these maps? I thought they'd be drag-and-drop, so I put them in my Maps folder. I did notice they had a weird extension, something like "(mapname).ut2.uz2". Even after renaming them and removing the .uz2 extension, they don't show up in the map roster. I tried it with all the different game modes to see if the DM prefix changed anything, but to no avail.
2018-05-30, 01:11 AM
#25
Originally posted by "lindo166"
Any idea on how to install these maps? I thought they'd be drag-and-drop, so I put them in my Maps folder. I did notice they had a weird extension, something like "(mapname).ut2.uz2". Even after renaming them and removing the .uz2 extension, they don't show up in the map roster. I tried it with all the different game modes to see if the DM prefix changed anything, but to no avail.


Uz2 is the compression format for UT2004. You need to unzip that file to get the map. Place that file in the system folder and open up a command prompt. If you're using Windows then the command should be something like "ucc decompress DM-MapName.ut2.uz2".
2018-05-30, 01:31 AM
#26
Originally posted by "Trev"
Well I'm using the ECE version of the game which has the 6 discs. I've done a fresh install on a new PC and these files were included. Maybe you should consider doing a fresh install and grab the mega patch.


I found a patch that adds the ECE content and the mutators work fine. Thanks for the help trev! http://puu.sh/AvwCi/0ad0144ce2.png
2018-05-30, 03:10 AM
#27
I tried using ucc.exe and placed a map in the System folder. For some reason, it closes immediately. I also tried using UT2004mi but I get errors whenever I try to decompress the file. Is there any workaround for this?
2018-05-30, 05:37 AM
#28
Does anyone plan on hosting a server with the mods?
2018-05-30, 09:52 PM
#29
Originally posted by "computerquip"
Does anyone plan on hosting a server with the mods?


https://www.rosebum.com/forums/viewtopic/114/
2018-05-31, 12:23 AM
#30
Originally posted by "lindo166"
I tried using ucc.exe and placed a map in the System folder. For some reason, it closes immediately. I also tried using UT2004mi but I get errors whenever I try to decompress the file. Is there any workaround for this?



Which files are you trying to get at?

I just finished decompressing the entire RB INV redirect, so I should be able to send you it.

I had a lot of trouble with UCC at first as well. The other extractors (game extractor, UT2004mi, etc) were of no help either. Other than not working, they were also not able to extract all 194739580357893 billion files at once. I would have to decompress one at a time. By writing out each line of code into UCC.

No.
No thank you.

I ended up writing a batch script and it was all done half an hour later.

If you want a couple of files, I can send just those over.
If you want to decompress a bunch of stuff, I can send you the mini-program.
2018-05-31, 02:05 AM
#31
Originally posted by "[SPR
Shade"]
Originally posted by "lindo166"
I tried using ucc.exe and placed a map in the System folder. For some reason, it closes immediately. I also tried using UT2004mi but I get errors whenever I try to decompress the file. Is there any workaround for this?



Which files are you trying to get at?

I just finished decompressing the entire RB INV redirect, so I should be able to send you it.

I had a lot of trouble with UCC at first as well. The other extractors (game extractor, UT2004mi, etc) were of no help either. Other than not working, they were also not able to extract all 194739580357893 billion files at once. I would have to decompress one at a time. By writing out each line of code into UCC.

No.
No thank you.

I ended up writing a batch script and it was all done half an hour later.

If you want a couple of files, I can send just those over.
If you want to decompress a bunch of stuff, I can send you the mini-program.


Can I get that program? I have a lot of maps I'm looking to decompress.
2018-05-31, 03:12 AM
#32
Originally posted by "lindo166"

Can I get that program? I have a lot of maps I'm looking to decompress.


First, put all your uz2 files into a folder named extract in ...\UnrealTournament2004\System. It doesn't already exist, you have to create it.

Open the extract folder (note the lowercase in the name).

Go to File -> Open Command Prompt

It should say something that ends in ...\UnrealTournament2004\System\extract>

Type in this command:

tree /F /A >> files.txt 2>&1

The command lists all the files names you have in that folder and saves it to "files.txt" inside the same folder.

You can close command prompt. If everything went well, you should now have a text file called files

Copy and paste that file in here for me.

I will edit the mini-progam so that it extracts your maps and then send it over to you. The way it works is file name specific, so I have to know the filenames to be extracted.


Damn lack of support for wildcards....grumble grumble.
2018-05-31, 03:14 AM
#33
Originally posted by "lindo166"
I tried using ucc.exe and placed a map in the System folder. For some reason, it closes immediately. I also tried using UT2004mi but I get errors whenever I try to decompress the file. Is there any workaround for this?


Sorry for the double post. No edit button yet.

It just occurred to me.
You tried running UCC by double clicking on it, right?
2018-05-31, 05:38 AM
#34
Originally posted by "[SPR
Shade"]
Originally posted by "lindo166"
I tried using ucc.exe and placed a map in the System folder. For some reason, it closes immediately. I also tried using UT2004mi but I get errors whenever I try to decompress the file. Is there any workaround for this?


Sorry for the double post. No edit button yet.

It just occurred to me.
You tried running UCC by double clicking on it, right?


Nah it's aight. Yeah, I just double clicked to run it.
2018-05-31, 06:05 AM
#35
Oh yeah, its a command line utility. You have to run it through command prompt. But get me that tree list and I will send you the program.
2018-05-31, 06:47 AM
#36
Originally posted by "[SPR
Shade"]Oh yeah, its a command line utility. You have to run it through command prompt. But get me that tree list and I will send you the program.


When I go into the extract folder, I don't have access to the command prompt. I can only open in a new window, or run Windows Powershell. I'm on Windows 10, if that helps
2018-05-31, 04:59 PM
#37
Originally posted by "lindo166"
Originally posted by "[SPR
Shade"]Oh yeah, its a command line utility. You have to run it through command prompt. But get me that tree list and I will send you the program.


When I go into the extract folder, I don't have access to the command prompt. I can only open in a new window, or run Windows Powershell. I'm on Windows 10, if that helps



Ahhh, windows 10. Ok, no worries, just takes a couple more steps.

I can type them out for you, but at some point it might just be easier to get teamviewer and just have me do it remotely on your computer.

Let me know what you want to do. The command prompt way gets a bit messy because you have to navigate it to the right directory, so that's why I figured to just offer to do it in my free time.
2018-06-02, 12:45 AM
#38
Originally posted by "lindo166"

When I go into the extract folder, I don't have access to the command prompt...


OK, so I went ahead an figured out a way you could do it yourself that isn't too terribly difficult.

Go into that extract folder, right-click, new -> notepad file, name it whatever you want and open it.

Paste this command in:
dir "*.uz2" /b > maplist.txt

It lists all file names that end with .uz2 and puts it into a new text file called maplist.txt
/b is a horrible place you never want to visit a modifier, it makes the output 'bare.' So...no extra text we don't need.
Still in notepad, go to File -> Save As
Set the file type from .txt to All Files
Let's name it mapper.bat
The .bat part is important, it turns it into a program.

Close out of notepad and double click on your new mapper.bat file.
Command prompt will appear for a milisecond and then disappear, leaving you with a new file. maplist.txt


At this point, you can send it to me, or try to do it yourself.


To do it yourself, open that maplist.txt file and put
ucc decompress extract\ in front of each filenames. No space after the \.



ucc decompress extract\VCTF-FaceClassic.ut2.uz2
ucc decompress extract\VCTF-LegoSpaceBase.ut2.uz2
ucc decompress extract\VCTF-Torlan.ut2.uz2
...




Save it as decompressor.bat the same way you did before.

Drag it over to your System folder in Unreal Tournament, and double click. Depending on how many maps you have, it may run for a while. But right after you double click it, you should see your extract folder populating with decompressed maps.
Put them in the Maps folder.
2018-06-02, 05:58 AM
#39
I've been trying to stay out of it, but watching this conversation is making me itchy, so here's my two cents:

Why does one need a batch file? Why does one need a file list? Why not just do something like this?

for %a in (extract\*.uz2) do ucc decompress %a

Your mileage may vary. Proceed at your own risk. Offer void in Utah. Consult a physician if extraction persist for more than four hours.
2018-06-03, 12:42 AM
#40
Originally posted by "Methos"
I've been trying to stay out of it, but watching this conversation is making me itchy, so here's my two cents:

Why does one need a batch file? Why does one need a file list? Why not just do something like this?

for %a in (extract\*.uz2) do ucc decompress %a

Your mileage may vary. Proceed at your own risk. Offer void in Utah. Consult a physician if extraction persist for more than four hours.


Yup. That certainly works elegantly. Better than my method.

I used the tools and knowledge I had at the time to make it work. In a bit of a roundabout way, but I do not claim to have any expertise in cmd.

Thanks for jumping in, I appreciate it. Your command is way better than the fuster cluck I devised.
2018-06-03, 03:14 AM
#41
Originally posted by "[SPR
Shade"] ...Thanks for jumping in, I appreciate it. Your command is way better than the fuster cluck I devised.


You're welcome. I'm just gratified that my dusty and obsolete knowledge base had one last hurrah. Let me know if you have need of any other obsolete knowledge, such as:

• How to stare down a smilodon.
• How best to cook dodo eggs.
• How to prepare a palimpsest without ripping.
• How to defeat the redcoats.
• How to express oneself sincerely.
• How to operate a keypunch.

2018-06-03, 06:14 AM
#42
Originally posted by "Methos"
• How to operate a keypunch.


Hey, I'm wiring up an office building. They want all the RJ45s. All of them. Ever.
And a bunch of 11s.
Keypunching and crimping for days.
2018-07-03, 04:10 PM
#43
I just finished setting up my own RB dedicated server last night on a VM. How do you configure the mutators on a dedicated server? I have the mutators added, but they are all set to defaults.

Can we start a new forum topic where we share our configs and try to recreate the original RB config as a community? That would be super helpful to be able to drag an drop or copy/paste changes to the ini files.
2018-07-04, 09:27 PM
#44
Originally posted by "spotopolis"
I just finished setting up my own RB dedicated server last night on a VM. How do you configure the mutators on a dedicated server? I have the mutators added, but they are all set to defaults.

Can we start a new forum topic where we share our configs and try to recreate the original RB config as a community? That would be super helpful to be able to drag an drop or copy/paste changes to the ini files.


It sounds like you already know what to do. Just edit the configs. Is there something specific you can't get running.
2018-07-06, 04:10 PM
#45
Originally posted by "Trev"
It sounds like you already know what to do. Just edit the configs. Is there something specific you can't get running.


Well I have the server up and running, but I have to go to the WebAdmin page to select the mutators and then restart the map. Then anytime I restart the server, those changes are lost. I also added a bunch of custom maps to the game, but the server isnt using them in the rotation even though I see them at least try and load in the server log window when starting the bat file.

I also dont know how to configure the mutators on the server side. It use to be way easier back in the day where you would just configure it all in game like a local lan game and then tick dedicated server box. This is the first time I have had to do it all through .ini and bat files.
2018-07-08, 01:41 PM
#46
Originally posted by "spotopolis"
Well I have the server up and running, but I have to go to the WebAdmin page to select the mutators and then restart the map. Then anytime I restart the server, those changes are lost. I also added a bunch of custom maps to the game, but the server isnt using them in the rotation even though I see them at least try and load in the server log window when starting the bat file.

I also dont know how to configure the mutators on the server side. It use to be way easier back in the day where you would just configure it all in game like a local lan game and then tick dedicated server box. This is the first time I have had to do it all through .ini and bat files.


Below is a sample of what my command line looks like for the VCTF server. This is how you can load up the maps/gametype/mutators when the server starts:
./ucc-bin server VCTF-Shoebox?Game=XGame.xVehicleCTFGame?Mutator=RoseBumVCTF.Mutator_RoseBumRPG,RoseBumVCTF.Mutator_RoseBumVCTF

As for the configs, something you can try is configuring the mutators locally like you're used to and just copy the ini files on to the server.

Statistics

Total Posts: 319
Total Topics: 57
Total Members: 81
Our Newest Nember: Crazy

Birthdays

No birthdays today.

Users Online

No users online.