RoseBum Banner

RB Invasion Questions

2021-02-16, 02:20 PM
Hello Everyone,

I've browsed the site a bit and found a few posts regarding starting up a new invasion server. I'm just wondering if there are any updates about that.

Also, is there anywhere that I would be able to download the invasion maps we used to play on? I got the mod working and it's been great. Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever be able to remember which monsters spawned on which waves. The maps would help make it feel more "complete".

Thank you,
Aelyn
2021-02-16, 09:05 PM
I might be able to help with the maps. Did you have any specific maps in mind? I know there was lots.
2021-02-17, 12:55 AM
I want to say all of the maps but I admit my memory of them is hazy at best now. The one map I can most readily recall is snowayout.
2021-02-18, 01:30 AM
I don't have the exact files but I do have the old invasion redirect which is almost as good. It contains all files in compressed form that invasion ever used, not just map files. Problem is you will need to extract the maps manually from each compressed file and also need to track down any required texture/model files which should also be on the redirect.
2021-03-10, 02:29 PM
I began downloading files from the redirect. However, I am having difficulty extracting the uz2 files. I tried ut2004mi but it isn't working for me. It says it cannot find ucc. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
2021-03-11, 12:40 PM
UCC.exe is a program located under the UT2004/System folder. I would just use that instead of a third-party program.

To make things simple you can place the uz2 file directly under the system and run the UCC program from the command line from within the system folder.

The command you're looking for is: ucc decompress
2021-03-11, 03:25 PM
It took a few minutes to figure out (which I blame on my non-existent) coding experience but I know what to do now. Big thank you to you, Trev, and to Methos for his for %a in (extract\*.uz2) do ucc decompress %a suggestion.
2021-11-12, 12:02 AM
Any luck on getting the old invasion server into a playable format? The nostalgia hits hard on this one..

Statistics

Total Posts: 535
Total Topics: 158
Total Members: 111
Our Newest Member: wingscancer

Birthdays

No birthdays today.

Users Online

No users online.